Re: Retrieve last N rows

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 01:12:26 GMT

Md,
You need to define what the last 10 rows of a table means. Tables are sets of data (called tuples in math language) and an unordered set does not have a last. So you need to specify what last means. For example, if you keep track of when a record is inserted you might want the 10 most recently inserted (or last) records. If you don't keep track of when they were inserted then you can't know which ones they are.

So you really do have to explain what last means to get the last 10 rows.

Jim