Re: Oracle Myths

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:52:40 GMT

Down below in another thread TurkBear wrote: "IMHO, the size does not matter" with reference to disk size.

And this reminded me of another common bit of "wisdom?" with respect to Oracle I thought I would throw into the mythology pot.

For many years I was told that Oracle likes lots of small disks. That the ideal Oracle system was 100 2GB drives rather than 10 20GB drives. I haven't heard this repeated in awhile. It was only about 5 years ago I remember a SysAdmin whining that he could no longer get 4GB drives and would have to move Oracle to 9GB or 18GB drives.

Any commments? Myth or wisdom?

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 14:52:40 CDT