Mixed propogation mode replication

From: bgt0990 <btighe_at_neometrics.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:02:27 -0400

We are looking at seting up a mixed propogation mode disaster recovery site for a client. (Cause that's what was sold to them) We are using 8.1.7.1.5 Enterprise. I can see how to change the propogation mode with the API call dbms_repcat.alter_master_propogation I can not figure out how to do this in the GUI the Technet instructions say

 How modify Data Propagation Mode?

To change the data propagation mode from one master site to another in a master group, use the destination map for the group in Replication Manager.

1. Suspend replication activity for the master group;
2. Right-click the link that you want to alter;
3. Click Make Asynchronous or Make Synchronous;
4. Resume replication activity for the master group.

When I right click a link I want to alter there is nothing there but remove edit and find. Edit has no propogation choices. When I first created the master_group it asked me about synch or asynch but that was from the primary master to the standby masters nowhere does it let me define the standby master propogation.

What am I missing?

Barry

   http://www.newsgroups.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 14:02:27 CDT