Re: what size disk do you use for your db?

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 14:00:29 -0500

IMHO, the size does not matter in an Oracle environment.( as opposed to some things) If the system is fast enough, reading from a 18G will not be any slower ( at least in any meaningful sense ) than from a 9G

It is not the size but the configuration and tuning that will determine your thruput..

   http://www.newsgroups.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Mon May 20 2002 - 14:00:29 CDT