Re: monitor a drop tablespace

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 21:46:10 +0200

Drop tablespace is normally quick.
The tablespace is empty? No tables or indexes exists anymore? Where there a lot of extents allocated to the segments in the tablespace when the segments still exist?
Check with SELECT COUNT(*) FROM dba_free_space WHERE tablespace_name = '....'; of how many free pieces the tablespace is made up now. Although I am not sure this is relevant but it's the only thing I can imagine that could be the case. When the count is let's say over 10.000 this might be the reason.

I would check if the session is still working. What statement is it currently executing? Does it's server process still uses CPU time (easy to check on Unix).
Check alert.log and the user dump dir for trace files. You must find something there if something went wrong.

When you conclude the session is not properly working anymore you could consider to kill it but this can make things worse....

fabio <f_vari_at_libero.it> schreef in berichtnieuws 60e08057.0205191035.7980a308_at_posting.google.com...