Oracle8i performance

From: Rajendran Kumaraguru <rajendran.k_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 17:50:09 +0800

Hi,

We had a problem while inserting the records into a global partition table. 1. We have pro*c program to insert the records to a global partition table let's say table1 it has about 120 million records per year (10 million per month).

2. While inserting the records the program will do the select from another table let's say table 2 ( size 10million records, global partition) and do the insert or update to table2 by using proper index.

3. Finally the program is inserting the records to another 2 local partition tables (let's say table 3,4).

We used sql loader with 2 database triggers: Trigger one will fire only on table 2.
Trigger two will fire to table 3 and 4.

Currently we had the problem on this process, we are loading the data by every hour but it is taking more than one hour for just 22,000 records, we are not able to complete each hour process within the hour itself. This problem occurred only after we migrated to Oracle8i.

Is there any way to solve this performance issue?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Guru

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message and any attachment may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or disseminate this message and any attachment to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and any attachments, and kindly notify us by reply email. We do not assure the security of information electronically transmitted, and your communication with us or request for communication through such means shall signify your acceptance of such risks. Conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Pacific Internet Limited shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.