Re: Oracle 9i Installation problem

From: Raffa Edwards <RaffaEdwards3_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 09:01:19 GMT

I have a friend who just encountered this problem. You have to be a local administrator of the machine AND you must have the appropriate file permissions. He had removed write access to parts of the windows system
causing the "insufficient privileges" error message.

Temporarily open up the file access until after installation. Check you system but ...system32 is one of those areas.

--Raffa

"Tarun Arora" <tarora_at_attbi.com> wrote in message news:RdiF8.32698$L76.2149_at_rwcrnsc53...
> Hi Guys , I downloaded 9i from oracle site and installed it on Win 2000.
> While trying to create a database using the database configuration
assistant
> , it gived an error "insufficient privaleges" and the process fails .
Please