Re: minimal SUN configuration to run RAC

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 17 May 2002 19:52:01 -0700

In article <ac492n$23t$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz>, "Howard says...

snip

>My next project is actually to cluster some *virtual* PCs on a single W2K
>box. Good old VMWARE. Any ideas whether this will actually work or not
>Pete?
>
>Regards
>HJR

It should but from the experiences I've heard of the famous James Morle (or should that be infamous? ;) it's not really very robust as an OS config. For a laptop config I'd suggest using either Linux or W2K. We have a demo config to show RAC to clients that clusters two laptops and it seems to work reasonably well.

Oh, and as a total aside and an unashamed plug for the Oak Table (http://www.oaktable.net), at the OracleWorld conference in Copenhagen next month they are attempting to build the world's largest laptop RAC cluster (bring your own cluster) - should be a heck of a lot of fun! For more info, see http://www.miracleas.dk/events/OakTable.pdf.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Fri May 17 2002 - 21:52:01 CDT