Re: Where can I find the Oracle Media Management API?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:59:43 +0200

On 17 May 2002 01:59:42 -0700, Christopher.Etz_at_provi.de (Christopher Etz) wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I'm looking for the Oracle Media Management API.
>Is there someone out there, who can give me a hint?
>
>Background:
>I'm thinking of building my own shared library, which will be called
>by RMAN to access a SCSI tape under Linux. I would like to get an idea
>of the complexity of the API, in order to decide, if I can create my
>own shared library. From the Oracle manuals I got the impression, that
>the API is publicly available, but I did not success in finding it.
>
>aTdHvAaNnKcSe (thanks in advance),
> Christopher Etz

Oracle has a separate partner program for the MM API. So, yes and no, it is probably publicly available, provided you bring the necessary $$.
I'm not sure why you think you need to build your own library, when there are more than enough backup products available with support for RMAN. Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri May 17 2002 - 11:59:43 CDT