Re: Help with sql plus

From: patrice castet <patrice.castet_at_in-fusio.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:32:16 +0200

hello,

as you used a NUMBER datatype, Oracle does not store non-significative zeros in numbers front as it is usually useless.

If you need this zero, or you must add it manually when displaying it, or you must change your datatype to varchar2. I advice you that 2nd solution as you might also meet international phone numbers starting by "+xy" where xy=country code with a mandatory "+" sign.

regards,
Patrice