Re: Help: A difficult request

From: Henry <hfoto_at_poczta.fm>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:11:58 +0200

Użytkownik Joe Bayer <u705413818_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net> w wiadomooci do grup dyskusyjnych napisał:l.1021582008.1213226318@[64.94.198.252]...
> My boss asks me to let user select from a table for only one row each
> time, which is very difficult to achieve

If you need this in application try this:

Package TMP_count IS

   vn_counter number(10);
   vn_max number(10);
  FUNCTION getCounter RETURN number;
  PROCEDURE IncCounter;
END; -- Package Specification TMP_TEST

Package Body TMP_COUNT IS
FUNCTION getCounter RETURN number IS
BEGIN
  dbms_output.put_line(vn_counter);
  RETURN vn_counter;
END;
PROCEDURE IncCounter IS
BEGIN
  if vn_counter<vn_max then
    vn_counter:=vn_counter+1;
  else
    vn_counter:=1; --set to start or raise exception   end if;
END;
BEGIN
    vn_counter:=1;
    Select count(0) Into vn_max --count of all rows     from tmp_test;
END; -- Package Body TMP_COUNT

The counter is global for your session so everyone can run another application and get all the data from table because counter starts from 1

I'm not sure but this should work (I tested it and it looks OK)...

Greeting,

                    Henry

--
Henryk Galuhn