Re: Sotirng data in row versus storing the same in column

From: Arijit Mukherjee <arijit_at_lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:07:10 +0530

Arijit Mukherjee wrote:

> All,
> I have got replies saying that the model itself is a mess (to this
> email - that I later forwarded to comp.databases.oracle.misc) - YES!!! -
> and we are trying to make a little bit of sense out of this mess - as we
> will have to live with the mess for some time now. So, we do not have
> the luxury of scrapping this model altogether - as the model is
> something of a legacy.

I think I must explain what I am referring to as legacy - the fact that an Object has so many parameters is the legacy - and the database here is a slave of this decision which is a legacy. So, the database model really does not have any control over the number of parameters that can be there for an object table,
Regards,
Arijit Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 23:37:10 CDT