Re: Newbie's Oracle 9i impression: it sucks

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 03:55:32 GMT

Hmm - looks like you raised the ire of a few people on this newsgroup. Unfortunately your subject line and posting account looked very much like some recent postings from somebody trolling the group.

For a quick introduction to Oracle, including the install steps, configuration etc, can I suggest the Oracle9i By Example series on OTN ? Working through the examples will introduce you to most of the 9i features, and they give step by step instructions for somebody working on a windows platform. This, coupled with the documentation, would be a good pre-cursor to deciding that you want to take some formal training. Note that the series covers both the database and Oracle9i Application Server, but you could just work through the database topics.

See http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/htdocs/9iobe/OBE9i-Public/