Re: MS Access -> Oracle 9i

From: Muzzy <muzzy4_at_poczta.onet.pl>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 19:08:45 +0200

Użytkownik "Enrico Luciano" <e.lucianoNOSPAMM_at_MMASDAERlibero.it> napisał w wiadomości news:luLE8.66916$US3.1471136_at_twister1.libero.it...
> Dear Sirs,
> I need to exporta MS structure and data to Oracle 9i. Can anyone tell
me
> how to do or what tool I can use?
>
> Best regards!
>
> Enrico

Enrico,

I don't know 9i, I use 8i but in 8.0.5 there was such a tool like "blablabla Toll For Importing Your Database From Poor MS Access Aplication To Your Great Oracle" (I don't remember the name). And this tool allowed to import fully automaticaly database from MSA to Oracle (including data types transform - which might couse some problems) So I used this (I've instaled extra 8.0.5 on separate comp for this operation) tool and then I used exp/imp to import db from 8 to 8i.
I guess it's not the best way but my knowledge is poor and this method doesn't require much of it.
Muzzy Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 12:08:45 CDT