Re: Recover of a database

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 22:33:49 +0200

I agree, Oracle does not know it happened.

You could check however the alert<SID>.log of the database. When you keep it for a longer time (I prefer to keep them at least 6 months, ofcourse switch it once a month or so) and it is not restored (why would you) you must see that in the startup messages it suddenly reports a lower redo log sequence number than before. Looking at the reported sequence numbers at log switches helps too.
This can also occur after an "open resetlogs" but that can easily be identified because this command is logged in the alert.log as well and then it starts with sequence 1 again.

Tom Dyess <nospam_at_nospam.spm> schreef in berichtnieuws ac10dc$jc0$1_at_news.gate.net...