Re: oracle 9i is bullshit

From: Keld Nielsen <keldnielsen_at_image.dk>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 22:29:16 +0200

yep and I did
and to quote you "So I did. And I encourage others here to do so as well" regards,
Keld

"Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3CE41042.C07E0533_at_exesolutions.com...
> senior_dba_at_aol.com wrote:
>
> > I am a very experienced progress senior principiple master dba .
> >
> > I lernt progress 20 years ago.
> >
> > It is very fast because i dump my data to flat files and use grep
> > to search it.
> >
> > where is the dump command in oracle 9i ???
> >
> > also doesnt it provide an enhaced grep command for me `???
> >
> > now i am writing a programm in Visual basic which joins the
> > data in my flatfiles.
> >
> > This is very good and fast . Perhaps i will sell it later .
> >
> > I can join my flatfiles on every pair of columns I like .
> >
> > Much more better and flexible as sql
> >
> > Also i like to backup my data in flat files.
> >
> > I can zip all my data and put it on a 360kb disc . Very nice !!!
> >
> > perhabs I sell this solution.
> >
> > But where is the dump command for dumping the data and printing it !!
>
> When I looked in the full header of your posting this is what I found:

news-west.eli.net!news-feed.fnsi.net!news-out.nuthinbutnews.com!propagator-s terling!news-in.nuthinbutnews.com!nntp-relay.ihug.net!ihug.co.nz!newsfeed00. sul.t-online.de!newsmm00.sul.t-online.com!t-online.de!news.t-online.com!not- -mail