Creating indexes in parallel

From: Carlos Alberto <calberto2312_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 May 2002 12:40:29 -0700

Hi,

   I have a doubt about creating indexes in parallel : suppose that I put a degree of 4 with 100MB extents, then Oracle will allocate 4 processes to create the index. So, I would need at least 400 MB free in the tablespace. But if the index only needs 300 MB, for example, after itīs created, this space left (100 MB) would still be used in the future insertions of data on this table?

Thanks in advanced,
Carlos Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 14:40:29 CDT