Parallel Queries Or Not on a 2 CPU Box

From: Niko <nick_wakefield_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 May 2002 12:10:00 -0700

I am not to sure if oracle parallel queries work that well on 2 cpu box, unless your running a really large query, over 20 minutes. As the associated overhead can make the quert take longer than if running on 1 - Well that what I've noticed.

What I would like to ask is this similar to other peoples experience and if not did you tune anything in specific to get Oracle to appear faster on shorted queires against large tables when running a parallel query. Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 14:10:00 CDT