Re: Oracle Myths

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:21:17 GMT

Nuno Souto wrote:

> In article <3ce3701f$0$8512$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>, you said
> (and I quote):
> > >
> > > - You cannot create declarative RI across schemas. Oracle doesn't let
> > > you do it.
> > > (could it be these people have never heard of the REFERENCES grant?)
> > snip
> > Interesting the same thing is coming up frequently in
> > microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming.
>
> Yeah, but what p*ss*s me off is that I got this one from people that are
> supposed to be Oracle "experts". Or so they claim. No matter what I
> said, they continued to claim that Oracle does NOT support cross schema
> RI. Totally got me off my rocker, darn thing has been there since V7!
>
> --
> Cheers
> Nuno Souto
> nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam

Oracle experts, like experts in so many other fields, are self-annointed. I am considered one by many people and yet I cringe when I look around me at people (such as many in this group) that know far more than I do.

The problem here is that the only reference point is the OCP ... and I wouldn't even hire someone because of it.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 12:21:17 CDT