Re: Increase JavaPool / SGA

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 16 May 2002 07:58:38 -0700

In article <3ce3ba26$0$8509$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>, "Niall says...

>isn't the new syntax along the lines of
>
>ALTER <BLAH> using spfile;

The JAVA_POOL_SIZE parameter is not dynamic:

SQL> alter system set java_pool_size=10M; alter system set java_pool_size=10M

                 *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02095: specified initialization parameter cannot be modified

SQL> alter system set java_pool_size=10M scope=spfile;

System altered.

You then need to restart the database for it to take effect.

>?
>"Thomas Ruschival" <t.ruschival_at_vivid-md.de> wrote in message
>> Thanks alot!
>>
>> here at work my collegue has set up our testing database using a
>predefined
>> database sample provided by the DBCA it uses the SPFILE. At home I didn't
>> use the a predefined sample, my instance can be configured altering the
>> pfile.
>> You cannot alter the JAVA_POOL_SIZE on a running instance!, Well at least
>> cant do this. -> ORA-02095
>>
>> bye thomas
>>

>> "Thomas Ruschival" <t.ruschival_at_vivid-md.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> > Same Post as in NEWS:comp.databases.oracle.server
>> > it seems to fit in here better.
>> >
>> > Hi,
>with
>> > the package DBMS_XMLSave always ran into a Java OutOfMemory error.So I
>> > decided to give it a greater JavaPool.
>> > Original settings in the initfile where:
>> > java_pool_size=117440512
>> > large_pool_size=1048576
>> > shared_pool_size=117440512
>> >
>> > I changed the Values to
>> > java_pool_size=150000000
>> > large_pool_size=5000000
>> > shared_pool_size=150000000
>> >
>> > With "dbshut" I shut down the database and restarted it with "dbstart"
>> > To my surprise none of the parameters were changed.
>> > I am wondering where the memory parameters for Oracle 9i Linux are set.
>> > BTW my instance is called ORCL1, $ORACLE_HOME is
>> > /opt/oracle/product/9.0.1.
>> > $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/initorcl1.ora is a symbolic link to
>> > /opt/oracle/admin/pfile/initorcl1.ora.
>> > I edited opt/oracle/admin/pfile/initorcl1.ora.
>> > Where else are these parameters set?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance
>> > Thomas

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 09:58:38 CDT