Peeking into another transaction

From: Marcel Kraupp <marcel.kraupp_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 16 May 2002 07:51:03 -0700

Hello

I am wondering if it is possible to peek into another transaction/session.
That is, if I can make oracle let me see what another transaction is actually seeing, thus foregoing the service that rollback (consistent gets?) provides.

I am asking this because I have a procedure which is running since a long
time ago and I'd like to see how far it has already progressed. I am aware that I can query used_urec in v$transaction, but I have no idea which amount used_urec will have when the procedure in question is finished. The version is 8i, but I am also interested if there is something like this on 9i.

thanks
MK Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 09:51:03 CDT