Re: What is The Current Definitive Book for Database

From: Sted Alana <Sted_Alana_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:29:20 GMT

>> What Is The Current Definitive Book for Database Systems?

>Two books to read are:

 >"An Introduction to Database Systems" C.J. Date  >Addison Wesley; ISBN: 0201684195

An introduction? that doesnt sound very definitive.

>"Transaction Processing" Jim Gray, Andreas Reuter
> Morgan Kaufmann; ISBN: 1558601902

This seems to be very specific, but thanks for your suggestion.

I ask this question because there are so many database books out there, which makes it difficult to decide which one purchase. Surely, there must be a definitive book for database where all serious database employees/managers should own. Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 07:29:20 CDT