Re: MTS tuning

From: Pinto <ucanmailme_at_india.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 11:50:33 +0530

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.

> Why did you decide to move from dedicated to MTS?

we are expecting max of 2500 sessions and so switched to MTS.

> what do this applications do?

These applications are scheduled to execute some taks on the switch. they use Database basically for logging. since these exes access Database very often (40 times per minute) our database monitoring activites are done by scheduling these jobs. there are many fornt end tools used which connect to database but they are not very DB intensive.

Any idea why cpu activity has almost doubled? does it help if the DB intensive logging exe's access DB using dedicated connections?

warm regards,
Pinto.