Re: Oracle Myths

From: Chris Fournier <cfournier_at_nrtc.org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 16:02:54 -0400

I have questions about a few of these which I though were correct:

Store your segments in one extent for optimum performance.

Seperate tables and indexes for performance reasons.

Buffer cache hit ratio should be as high as possible preferably greater than  90%.(from the java tool we use developed in house)

Thanks!