Re: minimal SUN configuration to run RAC

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 15 May 2002 09:01:37 -0700

In article <x5lE8.38705$Po6.17264_at_rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net>, "Amit says...

> I am interested in creating a small test environment to run Oracle9i real
>applications clusters using SUN hardware with Solaris. Has anyone done this
>? I would like to find out what hardware could be used to achieve this. I
>know that one would have to use a "a certified solution" but am at a loss to
>find out where I can get a list of these certified solutions. The Sun site
>had some press releases but they focus on high end solutions.
>
>Amit

So long as it can be clustered, RAC should work on it. Will it be supported? Who knows (I'm not in Support), but at least you can play with it. If you want real low end though, cluster some PC's using W2K or Linux.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Wed May 15 2002 - 11:01:37 CDT