Oracle and Microsoft Active Directory

From: Cornelia Begier <isl_at_islhamburg.de>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:26:50 +0200

Hi,

i try to install Oracle on an Windows 2000 Server with Active Directory. But in the end i always can't create the Databaseentry in the Directory Service.

I found a tutorial at the Oracle-Homepage HowTo Install Oracle within an Active Directory and i followed thes tutorial as well as i can ;-)))

I Installed Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 with the Administratoraccount on Windows 2000 Server (SP2).
The Administrator is member of the Schema-Group and has full access to the Oracle-Schema.

The Setup runs correctly until i want to register the database within the active Directory. Then i get the Message ( i get it in German and i hope, i translate it correctly) 'Databaseentry can't be created within the Directory Service.'

When i control the Database-status in the DBA-Manager, the Databse is shut down and the Managment Server-Service doesn't starts.

In the mmc i can my SID but the connect-test failled.

Can anybody help me?

Many Thanks!

Cornelia Received on Wed May 15 2002 - 02:26:50 CDT