insert programs take 5 hrs

From: res0asig <RES0ASIG_at_VERIZON.NET>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 03:07:31 GMT

hi,
  I need help in determining where the performance problem is for a batch program that
 inserts 26000 records into many tables. The batch program continuously builds a flat file and as it inserts into these tables. The data in the tables is inserted through a views. I did a trace on the batch program and I found the following sql statement being parsed a lot of times. "select text from view$ where rowid= :1". All the views are valid. the only waits i see are "sqlnet message from client" and "sqlnet message to client" in the trace file. However the batch program is a local connection. (BEQ). Could some one please help me in resloving this issue.

-Thanks in advance
sri Received on Tue May 14 2002 - 22:07:31 CDT