Re: The future of Oracle Vs MS SQL and DB2

From: James Williams <willjamu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 00:06:34 GMT

On 14 May 2002 20:17:36 GMT, sqljoe_at_aol.com (SQLJoe) wrote:

Time will tell. However, I do believe companies such as Sun and Oracle need new blood at the very top as IBM showed in the early 90's. It comes a time when change is good.

DB2 is tough at the high end and SQL Server is tough at the low-end. Oracle is going to be around but changes must definitely be made. Once they lose the swagger and get down to business it will be very interesting. But, if you learn one you can learn the others.