Re: Move user to different tablespace

From: Terry Dykstra <dontreply_tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 23:28:29 GMT

Yo don't create a user in a tablespace. You assign him a default tablespace where his segments (tables, indexes) get created if he doesn't specify the tablespace parameter when creating the segment. To change his default tablespace use ALTER USER ABC DEFAULT TABLESPACE XYZ;

In 9i you can simply move the objects to a different tablespace. In 8.x you can rebuild the indexes quickly using ALTER INDEX and specify a different tablespace.
But for tables etc you have to use something like export/import. You can get the DDL statements straight from these. Look in the Utilities guide for the exact syntax. The freeware tool DBATOOL makes this process very easy to do.
http://www.databee.com/main.htm

--
Terry Dykstra
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.