Re: Restore w/old control file and new archive logs

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 17:17:29 +0200

Stephane Schildknecht wrote:

> On Tue, 14 May 2002 16:24:54 +0200, Knut Talman wrote:
>
> > Stephane Schildknecht wrote:
> >>
> >> On Mon, 13 May 2002 22:30:31 +0200, Svend Jensen wrote:
> >>
> > full export != archive log files
> >
> > If you delete archived log files Oracle can't recover the database. Of
> > course you can delete archive log files which are older than your last
> > online backup.
> >
> How should I proceed for an online backup ?

ALTER TABLESPACE <ts name> BEGIN BACKUP;

copy all datafiles which belong to this tablespace

ALTER TABLESPACE <ts name> END BACKUP;

Do this for every tablespace. Don't forget to backup your controlfile (ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO <filename>;)

This is just a very short hint, please RTFM.

Regards,

Knut Received on Tue May 14 2002 - 10:17:29 CDT