Re: Hot Backup

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 14:50:44 GMT

You DON"T want to be depending on "copy-paste"!, if you did do it successfully it was more luck than anything that it worked!

And you don't need to copy your online redo logs whilst doing an online backcup.

There is lots of "hot" backup scripts out there you can get and modify, I wrote a very simple one in SQL Plus that is on www.dbasupport.com and www.teamdba.com . It is easy to modify to fit your own needs.

"Laurent Boutet" <laurent.boutet1_at_libertysurf.fr> wrote in message news:abr6tj$48j$1_at_reader1.imaginet.fr...
> Hi all !
> please forgive my french accent...I hope you'll understand me ;-)
>
> a few weeks ago, I have had to make a software in order to do a backup of
> Oracle DataBase...
> First I began with cold backup which worked very well...I stopped my
Oracle