Re: oracle is crap how to switch to ms-sql

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 14 May 2002 06:45:44 -0700

"Trifon Anguelov" <trifona_at_pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<a1DD8.1249$kt7.72496289_at_newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>...
> Helloooooo,
>
> It is May, 2002 already. Have you been frozen somewhere for the last 5
> years???
>
> You could easy switch to FoxPro years ago, but now it would be kind of hard.
> No one supports or using it any more.

Only if the part about no one uses them anymore was true! Our customer has a couple of applications in FoxPro, dBASE, and such. They would like us to convert them to Oracle for them. The problem is that in some cases they do not seem to know how to get at the data. They do have hardcopies of the diagrams they would to be able to update, but the authors have long retired and noone else wants to confess up as understanding how to use the applications. (Probably from fear of being assigned to maintain and update them.)