Re: Taking down a STANDBY database

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:05:13 +0200

steve deno wrote:

> I am planning on taking a standby database out of service while
> keeping It's production site in production. (They are both 8.1.7 on
> Solaris.) Am I correct in assuming that all I need to do on the
> Primary side is take the Log_archive_dest_n and
> log_archive_dest_state_n lines out of the init.ora file and restart?

What do you want do? Stop archiving on the primary site or just shutdown the standby database? You don't have to change anything on the primary site if you shut down the standby db, except you have a mandatory log_archive_dest which is on a network drive and you shut down the remote server.

Regards,

Knut Received on Tue May 14 2002 - 08:05:13 CDT