Oracle Application Server and Sun Clusters

From: Todd <contemplative1_at_123mail.org>
Date: 13 May 2002 11:08:18 -0700

I am having trouble discovering if I can run Oracle Application Server in a Sun Cluster (specifically Oracle9iAS on Sun Cluster 3.0 but info on any rev is welcome) in an HA configuration (Load balancing nice but not required). Oracle9iAS discusses clustering, but I can't find anything that is Sun specific.
I want to run Oracle9i database (HA not RAC) on one node and 9iAS on the other (obviously they will have to run together if there is a failover). Has anyone done this?
Any insight would be helpful....including any additional licensing that Oracle charges to run 9iAS on a cluster.

Thanks
Todd Received on Mon May 13 2002 - 13:08:18 CDT