Re: where to put TNS_ADMIN var in registry for 817 client?

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:28:32 GMT

On Mon, 13 May 2002 18:35:26 +0200, Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>3 not running a sqlnet trace

I take my words back.. tracing indeed helped: It turns out 8.1.7 names aren't compatible w/ 805 names (not that I ever given it much thought).

For whatever reason, I used to have to add .world to each tnsname, and it would be ignored by 805 client (or used somehow).

With 8.1.7 client, it seems like I actually have to use tnsname.world as the whole string..

Anyway, i don't think I am going to look into docs, it might be some parameter that needs to be changed. (domain.. or something).

I never had this problem no UNIX w/ any client.

Attempted load of local pfile source c:\orant817\bin\sqlnet.ora Parameter source was not loaded

 -> PARAMETER TABLE LOAD RESULTS FOLLOW <- Successful parameter table load
 -> PARAMETER TABLE HAS THE FOLLOWING CONTENTS <-

  TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT = c:\temp
  TRACE_FILE_CLIENT = ora_trace.log
  TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = 16