Re: where to put TNS_ADMIN var in registry for 817 client?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 18:35:26 +0200

On Mon, 13 May 2002 16:11:25 GMT, andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote:

>I tried putting it into
>\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ALL_HOMES
>\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\ALL_HOMES\ID0
>\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE \ALL_HOMES\ID1
>\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0
>\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME1
>
>none of these locations seem to work.
>
>What am I doing wrong?

1 not showing the contents of the tns_admin variable (It might be wrong, you probably are convinced it isn't, but the group can't look at your installation)
2 not demonstrating the tnsnames.ora actually exist 3 not running a sqlnet trace

To mention a few

The only relevant branches are
\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0 (THE ID0 KEY shows the names of this HOME
\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME1 (THE ID1 KEY shows the name of this HOME
\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE (fallback if it doesn't exist in more appropiate branches)

As you also fail to specify which HOME is your current Oracle_HOME you can't expect any sensible responses.

--
Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address