Re: Seeking advice: Oracle9i OCP certification

From: George Barbour <gbarbour_at_csc.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:22:00 +0100

Right let me get this straight!
What were looking for here is a candidiate with fifteen years experience in Oracle9i release 2, Oracle7 doesn't cut it because it doesn't have those fancy "E" numbers in it, and who now uses Oracle8i? Our candidate would preferably be under nineteen, cos anyone over nineteen tends to be in their twenties, or thirties or fourties or dribbles a lot. The data will be stored in the Oracle database until it reaches a complete screenfull, after which it should be transferred to a plastic box card index system; this would negate the need for using or learning those horrible init<THINGY>.ora number/script parma., parmaaa.. paramit parameats ........variables!
I realise this would entail a lot of writting, but hey! isn't that why were here?

George Barour.

"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:abmb7502ehn_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> In article <24637f40.0205120414.52445e96_at_posting.google.com>,
> prodbsolutions_at_yahoo.com.au says...
> >
> >I have been into Progress DBMS for a couple of years. I have been
> >thinking of taking an Oracle9i OCP certification exams in the near
> >future, but I am new to Oracle and have only some Oracle database
> >administration knowledge (such as quering tables, and upgrading tables
> >structures). I have had Oracle8i installed on my Windows NT 4.0
> >server, and it soon will be upgraded to Oracle9i.
> >
> >I would like to get one set of Oracle certification books, probably
> >OCP Oracle9i DBA Certification Boxed Set (by Jason S. Couchman), and
> >using all the resources available to get an Oracle9i OCP
> >certification.
> >
> >Has anyone, with similar background as mine, passed the exam by doing
> >the same (or similar) way?
> >
> >Thank you in advance.
> >
> >Danny
> >Progress Developer
>
> Danny
>
> Almost certainly people have done this before. In fact, one of the best
Oracle