Re: Why I too don't like the OCP

From: Jeff <jeff_at_work.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:46:14 GMT

That's pretty much what I said. Although, to be nitpicky, rownum = 1, at the time when the check is done in the WHERE clause, has nothing yet to do with "the results," as there are no "results" until AFTER the row is selected... and even then rownum (the counter, which is what's used in the WHERE clause) doesn't reflect results, as it's always incremented +1 ahead of the resultset.