Re: oracle access in vantive

From: <shrinad_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 17:20:49 +0200

we have the same problem !!

the vantive consultants told use oracle is not working !

so we should extract the data into flatfiles and join them with unix shellscripts

we do this daily , grep is much faster than select !!

an informix consultant told us oracle is incredible slow in joining, so we should go for access for every client

we tried to improve performance and increased the logbuffer to 1000m but it doesn`t help

if you use ramdisk it will work better , but you must export your data into flatfiles and print it because if you loose power everything is gone