Re: Seeking advice: Oracle9i OCP certification

From: <shrinad_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 17:10:58 +0200

i agree totally with you !!

we have still bugs in oracle 7.0

nowbody cares to fix it

last year we tried to migrate a lot of data into oracle

we started inserting empty rows after that we updated every column with an extra batch job,

it run forever , in foxpro this worked fine

we have so many oracle dba in india and they are doing nothing but defragmenting and rebuilding indexes to improve performance

i liked oracle 6 this was really fine but the new stuff is bad

sometimes we go for flatfiles because oracle is so slow

if you delete a datafile called system.dbf everything is gone

in dbase we had no problem