Oracle app install.sh problem - due to Java RunTime error

From: Cecil D'Souza <cecildsouza_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 05:10:21 GMT

Hello DBA's

  1. I am trying to install an Oracle App on a SUN SPARC 20 with 256 MB / 9.1 GB.
  2. I installed Oracle 8i EE completely and built the DB using Oracle Universal Installer. So the Java components and runtime were also installed I presume. I have it in /usr/java1.2 with links made
  3. Did post installation according to the manual.
  4. Did pre-installation for install of Oracle Clinical application.
  5. Put the OC CD into the drive and typed install.sh as requested.

Error: The Java Runtime environment was not found at . . / .
./stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8.10/1/Datafiles/Expanded/solaris/bin/ jre
Hence the universal installer cannot be run.

I am struggling for 2 months now and I am hoping that some guru will wipe out the frustration and anxiety that has made my hair grey. I have also included the contents of the oraparam.ini for Oracle 8i and Oracle CLinical. They look almost the same but for some reason, the Oracle Universal installer does not seem to work for the Oracle Clinical installation.

What could be the reason for this Jav runtime Error. I check the web and other sites, but no conceivable answer. I have no access to Metalink. What do I have to do to make the universal installer work. Your help is really really appreciated.

ORAPARAM.ini used when installing Oracle 8i 8.1.6.2

[Oracle]

DISTRIBUTION=TRUE
SOURCE=../stage/products.jar
JRE_LOCATION=../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8.10/1/DataFiles/Expande d/jre
OUI_LOCATION=../stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/1.7.0.18.0A/1/DataFiles/Expa nded
HLP_LOCATION=
EWT_LOCATION=
DEFAULT_HOME_LOCATION=
NLS_ENABLED=FALSE
NO_BROWSE=/net
JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=-mx48m

[IMAGES]

FILE1=images/o8i_1.gif
FILE2=images/o8i_2.gif
FILE3=images/o8i_3.gif
FILE4=images/o8i_4.gif
FILE5=images/o8i_5.gif
FILE6=images/o8i_6.gif
FILE7=images/o8i_7.gif
FILE8=images/o8i_8.gif
ORAPARAM.ini used when installing Oracle Clinical 4i

[Oracle]

DISTRIBUTION=TRUE
SOURCE=../../stage/products.jar
LICENSE_LOCATION=
JRE_LOCATION=../../stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8.10/1/DataFiles/Expa nded
/jre
OUI_LOCATION=../../stage/Components/oracle.swd.oui/1.7.0.19.0/1/DataFiles/Ex panded
JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=" -mx32m"
DEFAULT_HOME_LOCATION=
DEFAULT_HOME_NAME=OUIHome
NO_BROWSE=/net