Re: Upgrade from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7 really slow

From: Craig Ballingall <craig.ballingall_at_nspam.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 19:30:30 +0000 (UTC)

Cheers

I copied the init.ora from the live sys to the dev sys. also the db create scripts used were the same. I have also used an identical FS layout although on 8.1.7 i have 2 FS per disk and on the live sys all FS are on a RAID array (Level 5)

At the mo I am running 8.1.7.0.0 but memory does not seem to be an issue,

Cheers
"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:abjc1a02e24_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> In article <abiokd$823$1_at_paris.btinternet.com>, "Craig says...
> >
> >Hi all.
> >
> >I have just installed 8.1.7 64bit on our new SUN Fire V880 running
Solaris
> >8. I have exported a db from our live 8.1.6 system and re-imported it
into
> >the 8.1.7 and batchjobs that took around 5 miinutes now take hours.
> >
> >I have rebuilt all the indexes and analyzed the schema's (although we
force
> >rule based optimisation)
> >
> >anyone seen this before ?
> >
> >--
> >Craig Ballingall
> >

> Not really enough information here to help you, but here's a couple of
> suggestions:
>
> 1. Compare the init.ora files for the databases. Are the parameters
> equivalent?
> 2. Check the I/O spread for the datafiles. Do you have a roughly similar
I/O