Re: Bad Generalisations by Don Burleson

From: godmann <allanwtham_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 May 2002 08:27:33 -0700

>I enjoy books by authors who have really worked and spent a lot of
>time with their subjects, and put their insight (and what they learned
>from their mistakes) into their book, such as Tom Kytes, Steve Adams,
>Jonathan Lewis, James Morle. What I really do not like is people who
>edited Oracel Docs, Metalink Notes, plus their speculation, and there
>are way too many this type of books!

  Reading Oracle books is my hobby! Well, I am glad I have books by the this group of authors. I truly believe that a real good book can only be written by authors who are on the field implementing, trouble-shooting, tuning etc cuz only that there are real experiences to back up what they say in their books. I collect a lot of Oracle books and it would be good to have more quality-assured books out there.

Allan W. Tham
Oracle DBA Received on Sat May 11 2002 - 10:27:33 CDT