Re: Enterprise Management Server Login

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 17:20:09 +0200

"Frank Foerster" <info_at_webcrafting.de> wrote in message news:abiucn$6cb$06$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> Hi folks,
>
> I have installed Oracle 8i (developer download from oracle) and I am
> currently facing a problem. After the installation I have created a
> database. That was easy. Just to play a bit I wanted to import some data.
> The DBA Studio says I must be logged into a Oracle Management Server..
this
> seems to be installed too and even started. But I cannot log in.. The
> says either there is not Management Server available or my login data is
> incorrect.
>
> How does this work... I am a real newbie...
>
> Would appreciate any help. Thanks
>
> Frank

The obvious answer has been posted at least a thousand times here, and to avoid re-answering google keeps archives, but no one, especially newbies, and above all newbies from Germany, care to query them before posting the question *AGAIN*.
The answer is
You need to use the Oracle Enterprise Manager Repository Configuration Assistant to create a Enterprise Manager Repository. You can not login because you don't have a repository.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA