Installation of Oracle Apps on Win XP

From: PIYUSH CHANDRA <chandra_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 06:08:00 GMT

Hello:

I need some help. I am trying to install Oracle Apps 11i(Financials) on my laptop which is running on Windows XP professionals.

I don't know if its possible to do so but do know one instance where a friend of mine has installed in the same combination. The only problem is I am not able to reach that friend of mine and hence need anyone who can help me or just tell me that I am wasting my time and its not possible.

I have also installed MKS Toolkit but after the "System Pre-Install" check I get the following errors:

  1. Host?Domain Check - Check host names and domain names
  2. System Utilities Check - Check system for make, id, ar, and cc
  3. JDK Availability Check - Check that a JDK exists in the location supplied by user

I would appreciate anyone's help in how to resolve the above three error conditions. I want to install Oracle Financials 11i on my laptop to learn and practice.

Regards,

Piyush Received on Sat May 11 2002 - 01:08:00 CDT