Users on a single CPU (sparc)

From: simong <xx_sg1_at_niks.demon.co.uk>
Date: 10 May 2002 18:58:28 -0700

Have I got any chance of running 70 users on a Sun Ultra 10 (500MB RAM, 300 MHz processor, UltraSCSI disc)? The database has several tables bigger than 300 MB, and is maybe 2GB in total (transaction processing, not 'datamart' - as you guys can probably work out fom the table sizes)
Would it help if I banned users from running long reports - or won't this hardware even handle 70 users ?

Thanks (hopefully)

simong Received on Fri May 10 2002 - 20:58:28 CDT