Installation problem with oracle version 8.1.7.0.0 - ora-12571

From: dan zielinski <dannyzielinski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 May 2002 14:29:01 -0700

All,

I am currently having a problem when I am creating a database using the database configuration assistant. it gets through the first two steps (creating and starting oracle instance and copying database files) and then on the third step (initializing database) it gets to 90% and returns the error message ora-12571 TNS:packet writer failure.  At this point, i have to abort. anyone have any suggestions/ideas about what i should do?
this is on windows 2000 server service pack 2.

thanks in advance,
dan Received on Fri May 10 2002 - 16:29:01 CDT