Re: How to connect with MS SQL Server from Oracle on HP-UX

From: Harri Kaukovuo <harri.kaukovuo4_at_nic.fi>
Date: 10 May 2002 20:22:22 GMT

Another way is to use the "Generic connectivity" functionality. There you create database link to the SQL Server using ODBC or OLEDB. "Generic connectivity" is part of the database license, but lacks some of the functionality included in Transparent Gateways (e.g. two-phase commit, SQL syntax translations, possible data type conversions etc).

This should be included in the 8i and 9i databases.

chrisforbis_at_yahoo.com (Chris Forbis) wrote in news:f2dc430d.0205090802.e302a32_at_posting.google.com:

> Oracle Trasparent Gateway for MSSQL.
>
> But this will cost in liencinging in the are of $100,000 per server.
> it is VERY expendive, and I have been told by serveral Oracle sales
> reps to just use MSSQL's FREE stuff to push the data yuo need to
> Oracle.
>

> "???" <itlee_at_kepri.re.kr> wrote in message

>> ¡Û my host
>> O.S : HP-UX B.11.0 (HP 9000/785)
>> D.B : Oracle 8.1.5
>>
>> ¡Û host which i hope to connect
>> O.S : WINDOWS 2000
>> D.B : MS SQL Server 2000
>>
>> Dear all,
>> Kann anybody explain to me how to connect MS Sql Server with Oracle
>> on an HP-UX.
>>

>> Thanks
>> Riverld
Anti-spam: To reply by e-mail please ERASE the "4" after kaukovuo4