Re: ora-03113 on insert statement into a table

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 22:01:32 +0200

Why it happened is in the trace file. I could say it was a block corruption in a table block or an index that became corrupted for any reason, or your harddisk has errors, but then I'am only guessing, while you have the answer in your trace file.

And yes, it could happen again. Why not? Also Oracle has bugs in it's software, like all software that exists. I guess it only happens in a very rarely occuring situation.

Open a iTAR on Metalink, upload the trace file and let Oracle Technical Support investigate it. For this reason Oracle created the trace file for you.
Then you know why and, who knows, you get a bugfix so it won't happen again. Or know that it's cause is outside Oracle.

Arash <arashamiri_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws fa5fb486.0205101139.4c2601e_at_posting.google.com...