global and local histogram in 8.1.7

From: Martin Zhan <ymzhan_at_attbi.com>
Date: 10 May 2002 12:34:03 -0700

Hi,

Anyone has experience about global histogram in 8.1.7 ? It seems not possible to collect global histogram for a partitioned table in 8.1.7.Histogram information only exists in user_part_histograms, not in user_tab_histograms, so some sql query perform full table scan instead of using existing index, thus lead to very bad performance. Talked to oracle support, that guy suggested me to upgrade db to 9i, because this problem is fixed in 9i. Is there any workaround about this(Can't use hints for our third-party application) ? Anyone encountered same problem ? ...Thanks Received on Fri May 10 2002 - 14:34:03 CDT